Sunday 1 May 2011

Up and Running

Well, I've finally got round to starting it. Hi, I'm a teenager who is obsessed with Zelda (the game, not the princess), and I love Ocarina of Time. And I wanted to remake it. But I'm really not good at art, so I decided to remake it in 2D. I decided I was going to add new dungeons, bosses, and the like. Now, just under a month since I started the planning stages, I'm nearly ready to start making sprites. Everything will be remade. Graphics, music (Adding only, I wouldn't take away any of that awesome Zelda music), even the plot will be lengthened, deepened, and in my opinion, improved (though I would say that).
Hopefully, I'll have the game completed by the end of 2012, but that's just a very rough estimate. It could be October 2011, it could be July 2013; I really haven't got much of a clue - this is the first big project I've made, ever. I'm making it in TGF2, by Clickteam. This is for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I'm too cheap to buy Flash, and secondly because it means I don't have to bother with coding (I can, I'm just lazy).
I should have a promotional (even though it's a non-profit project) poster up soon-ish - it's about half done. For now, here are the only sprites I've draw so far; the Medallions. There are 10 of them, and you should know six of them if you've played the original Ocarina of Time, and you might/should guess another, but I'm not telling you the other three. Okay, I am. But I'm not giving you anything other than the names. For some reason, they're in alphabetical order, not the order I uploaded them. I'm too lazy to change the order, and besides, it doesn't really matter.

Dark Medallion

Earth Medallion

Fire Medallion

Forest Medallion

Light Medallion

Shadow Medallion

Wind Medallion

Spirit Medallion

Triforce Medallion (Original, I know)

Water Medallion

No comments:

Post a Comment